Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another day, Another dollar...







Some days you wake up and look around and think about the grim facts that it is 5am, you are awake, the sun is not even up yet and that you have to leave your comfort zone to make money.

man-o-man do i hate those moments!

the moments when i look over and there is my bride sleping gently and gracfully, facemask and all. He chest with the slow rise and fall with every breath, and the very warm touch of her skin that has been incubated by a pillow all night. That is the thing that i hate leaving, but i know it makes her happy to have a man that is accomplished and happy and important to the people around him in his job.

so i flip around and roll ever so not gracefully off the bed and stuble to get my bearings.

it is still dark and my eyes have started to adjust but not quite there just yet.

make my way quietly and slowly out of the room into the second bathroom, so my shaving and brushing of teeth do not wake sleeping beauty.

finally now i am ready. clothes are on and my mind is ready, my lunch is downstairs and all i need is one more thing and it is a go...

a kiss for the miss. one for now. one for later. and one just cause i want to.

"thank you for going to work hunny" she whispers into my ear, all i can think is..."i would move the rockies for you, or even give you the worlds every last diamond if i could all you would have to do is ask. as long as it would make you happy, i will do it."

another day, another dollar another chance to realize what is important to me in my life and worth working hard for...

1 comment:

  1. you are the best husband in the whole world.

    period.

    ReplyDelete